The European Cartoon Center Kruishoutem (ECC) and the non-profit organization Euro-kartoenale are concerned with your online privacy and find it important to provide clear information about how we handle your personal data. It is good to know is that we only keep a very limited amount of data from our visitors.
- We only process personal data that is in accordance with the purpose for which they were provided and that these goals and type of personal data are described in this privacy statement
- We limit the processing of your personal data to only what is minimally required for the purposes for which they are processed
- We ask for your explicit permission if we need it for the processing of your personal data
- We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data
- We not to pass on personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for carrying out the purposes for which they were provided
- We are aware of your rights regarding your personal data and we respect them
If you still have questions after reading this privacy statement or want to have your personal data removed, please contact us:
vzw Euro-kartoenale (European Cartoon Centrum)
p/a Waregemsesteenweg 113
What personal details do we register?
On the website of the ECC, personal data is collected in some places via web forms:
- the contact form
- the order form in the e-shop
- registration form for activities
Only personal data that is relevant to your request or question is stored on our systems. This information will be kept by the European Cartoon Center until your question has been dealt with or the activity you registered for is closed.
If you send us your e-mail address (either in person, by telephone, through a letter, by e-mail or by using any web form on the website) with the explicit request to receive our electronic newsletter, your e-mail address will be added to our distribution list. We do not send more than 10 newsletters per year.
For the distributing our newsletters we use the services of a Belgian company: YMLP. Their service is offered with their own privacy rules that you can consult here: www.ymlp.com/privacy_policy.html?l=1.
It is possible to unsubscribe from our mailing list at all times using a simple link at the bottom of the newsletter. Each newsletter is automatically provided with the option 'unsubscribe' with a click.
Friends of the ECC
The personal details of the Friends of the ECC are kept up to date for the following activities:
- sending out invitations to the ECC's opening events and activities
- sending the printed cartoon magazine 'Scherper'
- sending the electronic newsletter
- applying discounts and gifts
The following data are kept:
- name and first name
- email address full address (street name, house number, postcode and place name)
- membership formula
The information is stored by the vzw Euro-kartoenale until 3 years after your last membership. You will continue to receive the electronic newsletter until you explicitly unsubscribe here (see electronic newsletters section).
Subscription cartoon magazine Scherper
If you have a subscription to the printed cartoon magazine “Scherper”, we keep your name and postal address to be able to distribute the magazine. The data is kept up to 3 years after your last subscription year.
The non-profit organization Euro-kartoenale keeps track of the personal data of cartoonists participating in the Euro-Kartoenale Kruishoutem. The data is kept to allow a good communication concerning the Euro-kartoenale:
- distribution of regulations
- informing about the results of the competition
- electronic newsletter
- collecting statistical data.
By participating to the contest, the cartoonist gives his explicit permission to keep the following data:
- name and first name
- email address
- full address (street name, house number, postcode, city and country)
- phone number
- password to access the closed platform for uploading your cartoons
- year of the last participation
The personal password is encrypted and is salt protected. The data is kept up to 5 years after the last participation. Cartoonists who did not yet participate in the Euro-kartoenale Kruishoutem contest can be added to the database via the ECC website and will be informed about the next edition and will receive the newsletter. The above data is also kept for a period of 5 years.
For the sending our e-mail newsletters we use the services of a Belgian company: YMLP. Their service is offered with their own privacy rules that you can consult here: www.ymlp.com/privacy_policy.html?l=1. It is possible at all times to unsubscribe from our mailing list d.m.v. a simple link at the bottom of the newsletter. Each newsletter is automatically provided with the option to simply 'unsubscribe' with a click.
Passing data to third parties
Data is only shared with third parties in the following cases:
- maintenance of the internet environment (web hosting)
- maintenance of IT infrastructure
A clear agreement is put in place with these parties. This provides guarantees for the protection and security of your personal data. Furthermore, we never pass on personal data to other parties without your explicit permission, unless it is a legal obligation.
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing. For example, we have taken the following measures:
- anyone who can access your data within the Euro-Kartoenale vzw is obliged to maintain confidentiality
- we use a username and password policy on our databases
- we pseudonymise and ensure the encryption of personal data if there is reason to do so
- we back up the personal data in order to be able to recover them in the event of physical or technical incidents
- our employees have been informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.
Connection data and cookies
Viewing and correcting your data
If you wish to view the data we keep about you, you can do so on a simple request (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you wish, you can have the data changed or deleted, have it processed and you can object to the processing of the relevant data.
Since the privacy legislation evolves strongly, this privacy statement can be adjusted; it is available at any time on the website www.ecc-kruishoutem.be for consultation.